Thanksgiving Is November 22

7/30/2010

Forerunner 110 by Garmin Reviews

Read More From Here Now 

115258 Features: Keep track of how far you've run and how fast with this GPS-enabled watch; easy setup requires only a couple of questions for you and you're out the door running HotFix satellite prediction system provides constant coordinates with a high-sensitivity GPS receiver that stays locked onto satellites, even near tall buildings and trees Record your laps and workouts to afterward you can download and track your data using the Garmin Connect website that provides analysis and sharing capabilities Record your laps with laps history feature that allows you to automatically start new laps with the Auto Lap feature Hear rate monitor not included Specifications: Weight to dimensions: 18 oz to 18 x 27 x 06 inches Display size: 10 x 10 inches Battery type to battery life: rechargeable lithium-ion to 3 weeks (power save mode); 8 hours (training mode) Waypoints to routes: 0

Customer Buzz 
5 "Nice performer for small price" 2010-07-20
By
trLitFls
If you are not a big techno geek that likes to push a lot of buttons before a run this watch is for you.This is a simple one bell and whistle operation:go to timer mode,wait for GPS satellites to lock in(mine was quick: about a minute,1 1/2 max)(good time for a quick stretch or like me,a quick #1 behind a tree-coffee you know).Start timer,watch mileage on top and each mile done there is a beep and the split is shown.You can start/stop along the way if you have to stop for more #1 stops or water breaks.At end hold reset button 3 seconds it beeps,stores your run,resets timer-stores 100+hrs.Go home load on computer with free Garmin software downloaded,SIMPLE! Not shure about error ,I heard if you run steep quick hills there may be higher errors.Ran a 4 mi flat race and the watch showed 4.02 mi.not bad.The test is a hilly certified marathon in Sept.Will follow up afterward here with error results.Be forewarned if you use the watch for a race don't put the thing in timer mode too early ,it goes out of timer and into battery saving mode which kicks out the GPS(this time may be adjustable-check instructions).Highs:GPS was robust-stood locked throughout all long runs.Battery charge was very good.Sleek watch,not bulky about the size of the Triathalon shock watch I have.


Customer Buzz 
5 "Great GPS Watch" 2010-07-09
By
Sidneyboy
If you are looking for a simple GPS watch to use, this is the one. I use it every time I go jogging or hiking. Some of the buttons can be a little hard to push which I had read on other reviews but this watch was reasonably priced and gives me all of the information that I was looking for....how many miles I went, calories burnt, and average pace. For more information I download the watch to the Garmin website which offers a lot more info. I would recommend this product. Love this watch!!


Customer Buzz 
5 "A winner!" 2010-06-30
By
Victor L. Randolph
I received my Garmin 110 yesterday and I'm absolutely thrilled with it so far. First of all it proved extremely easy to begin using to the point I rarely had to refer to the manual. You charge it, enter a few profile data, locate the satellites(much quicker than the 205 I owned previously), push Start, and you're on your way. True, it gives you limited data, but for simple minded me, its all I really want to know, time, pace, distance. I know there are complaints about instant pace but I have never found the need for that, and found it to be terribly erratic and inaccurate anyway on my previous 205.

And once you've really seen the 110 up close and personal you realize what a different device it is in comparison to earlier Garmins. It may not be for everyone but for me I think this thing is really cool! It looks and wears like a watch and I've had it on all day at work and no one has made any comment about the size of it or really even noticed it. And its designed to function that way. I was quite surprised to find out that you cant actually turn this thing off! It keeps functioning as a watch once you leave satellite mode (which it will do automatically after a defined time period when not in use). Supposedly in watch mode the battery lasts about 3 wks compared to 8 hrs when tracking. And its extremely lightweight and rather stylish. And the time is extremely accurate as it is provided from the satellite mode. Did I say I really like this thing???

p.s. Its not totally true that you cant turn it off(holding down the Light button), but it takes an effort in case the unit jams.


Customer Buzz 
5 "Couldn't ask for more" 2010-06-28
By
b2theburns (phoenix, az)
I bought the Garmin Forerunner 110 to tell me how far and how fast I was running. I have used the Garmin for about a month now and I have had no problems. It is simple to use. The battery last a long time. I was able to run 10.5 miles after the low battery warning beeped. The only feature I would change is, that pushing any button (excluding the light button) starts the search for the satellite. Other then that one feature I would recommend this watch to anyone who wants to know how far and how fast they run/ran.


Customer Buzz 
5 "Forerunner 110 by Garmin" 2010-06-22
By
S. Chasteen (GA)
Forerunner 110 by Garmin
I purchased this unit to primairly track my mileage and times.
Pros
-Easy set up. Simple to follow instructions, worked right the 1st time.
-Easy to use as there are limited functions.
-No problems with connecting to the satellite- 15 seconds or less in my area.
-Option to use without satellite.
-Great size, just like a regular watch and looks good as well.
-Garmin Connect- easy to download your activities. Site gives you everything you need to track your runs/progress and it's FREE!
-I would buy this running watch again....
Cons
-While several reviews have noted the inability to get current lap times, I have not found this to be an issue for my purposes of tracking mileage and overall time. The acutual lap pace can be seen once the download to Garmin Connect is completed.
*****
"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." Jim Ryun



Read more Forerunner 110 by Garmin   

Thanksgiving Is November 22